All About Kati: Kati is a critical care nurse in Charlotte, NC. She is also the author of the popular nursing blog at NurseEyeRoll.com, where in here own words, she dishes humor, honesty and nursey shenanigans. In late 2014, she self published her first book, Becoming Nursey – From Code Blues to Code Browns: How to Care for Your Patients and Yourself. And, it is listed as an Amazon bestseller. Kati is also a Scrub Magazine Nurseonality, where she is the nurse advisor and editorial director of the #ProtectNurses Initiative.
What you’ll hear about in this podcast episode:
- Kati’s favorite patient population… it may surprise you!
- Why Kati started her blog and how she used that platform to write her book
- How Kati parlayed her “business card” into other nursey opportunities
Show Notes & Resources
- We’ve made “NEW & NOTEWORTHY” on iTunes. Please help us stay there in the remaining 4 weeks: SUBSCRIBE, RATE, and REVIEW the show by clicking here.
- Sign up to get The RN Podcast and updates delivered to your inbox.
- Kati blogs about her experience with nursing and has a goal to help other nurses at her blog, Nurse Eye Roll.
- Grab Kati’s Book, Becoming Nursey – From Code Blues to Code Browns: How to Care for Your Patients and Yourself.
- Interested in writing a book, Kati talks about a couple of awesome resources, CreateSpace and BookBaby.
- Learn about Kati’s role as a Nurseonality over at Scrubs Magazine.
- Kati and Capella University played an active role at this year’s National Teaching Institute (NTI) hosted by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
- Connect with Kati on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram.